Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Camping

I have always enjoyed camping and have done it since I was a little boy. I can remember a trip to Canada and I must have been little since I don’t remember a lot. I do remember asking some lady to put my worm on the fishing hook, she did. It rained so hard and we were in a tent, seems like we spent a lot of time camping in a tent along the way.


My family started out in a tent also. Not sure where this pictures was taken, perhaps Baker or Kachess Lake. We also went to Money creek but don’t go there, trains run all night and you can hear them go by, kept us up most of the night.

We had a good time camping, played some games, went fishing and exploring, played in the water, etc… I tried to teach along the way, how to camp, start a fire, taking care of yourself in the woods, some tracking and camp safety (Don’t play with the axe). Now days everyone goes to state parks and while it is more controlled and safe it is not the same as being on some mountain side by yourself. I’d like for my family to know how to take care of themselves just in case.

I hope at some point we can go camping; fish, hike, sit by the camp fire; tell stories and bond. I’ll get a trailer though.

Love grandpa

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa