Friday, April 1, 2011

Disappointment

Disappointments are a way of life.


That sounds like a coping mechanism doesn’t it; but I am afraid it is true.

You will be disappointed many times during your life and there is not a darn thing I, your parents, or you can do about it. Not even Uncle Bob.

Being disappointed is not as important as how you learn to deal with it.

I have tried not to get my hopes up, telling myself not to expect too much or get too excited about a possibility because it will only hurt if the event does not happen. I was wrong.

I learned to allow those feelings of hope with an M of suspect included. (An M is a measure of spice – cup your hand till you see an M in the wrinkle and fill that M up) If you can learn to deal with disappointment in a positive and healthy way you will be a happy person for a long time.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope all of your endeavors are positive but that is not realistic and I want you to be happy. You should strive to be successful every time.

Love grandpa

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa