Friday, January 20, 2012

2012 Snow Storm

Silly me,

I thought I could get away with writing that last post and it being the end of the story.

Wrong!

This is a picture of what we came to call our cotton ball tree. See how the snow clumps up on the branches - what looks like cotton balls!

On Thursday it started to mist a little and forming ice, all the branches were getting heavy (We lost the top of our magnolia tree) so grandma and I went out around noon and shock all the branches around the house. This is what it looked like a few hours later after it was suppose to start raining!!
It did not start raining, it kept snowing and by late afternoon looked like this when we snuck out for some milk and groceries.

Uncle James is a manager and he had to go, so off he went to work, texting me upon arrival/departure.. I think his morning cummute was around 3 hours and evening shorter at 2. Of course it normaly takes him about 30 minutes, but that is his story.

Today it has started to warm up, now 34, and should rain to I expect the roads to be back to normal tomorrow.

I hope this is the send of the story for this storm.

love grandpa

No comments:

Deer Camp 2017

Love grandpa