Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Observations

Some things cannot be seen.

We do not see the wind but we can see its effect.

We cannot see love but we can feel its presence or absence.

If we throw a ball - are we not taught to predict its flight and final resting place? We know if it goes through the window what the consequences are.

If you cry will I not comfort you?

We are taught to make predictions for actions that cannot be seen throughout our lives.

If I do, then…..

Why is it so hard to let go?

Am I afraid of falling because I know how much it may hurt when I hit the bottom? When I am not the one falling?

If I don’t let go - do I rob them of the trip and all the learning that goes with it even when I may anticipate a bad outcome.

If I could not predict the outcome I could let go without guilt.

If I could not predict the outcome then I would not feel the hurt of possibilities.

Who’s at fault if I listen and let go?

Can I take comfort in being told?

You learn though out life and some lessons burn with a tempering fire.

love grandpa

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa