Wednesday, April 18, 2012

O.S.

We landed sometime later and I thanked her for the ride and stted I would be back in time or to leave without me. She said ok and off I went.

I keep several locations around the world with resources for emergencies. This particular location housed a computer office specifically suited to run a host of remote computers infected with sleeper viruses to help me if and when needed. I could run a botnet here and monitor it remotely to protect myself and the agency from detection. It had no contacts to the outside world unless I activated them here. Once activated this office had a limited life span. The computers here would self-destruct - thermite is very good for this. The building stood alone so outside damage would be negligible. No one knew it was here, what it was, or who owned it. To the outside world this area looked and acted just like a zoo.

The virus was quite nasty. It slept in a computer disguised as a bad sector and when activated did my bidding. In this case I wanted it to ping specific items at a low rate from various locations. This increase in traffic would make my adversary peak their interest if they were out there. Any attempt to locate the increased traffic would be difficult since it would be coming from several directions and locations. Their attempt to find those locations would be my indicator I was really dealing with someone and not just an increase in defective networks and equipment. I would be watching. In effect I would be tracking the tracker.
-------
love grandpa  still fiction (the story, not me)

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa