Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day 2012

This day has taken on a different taste since my children have moved out and I became a grandfather. Not bad, just different.


This year I received a book, card and wonderful telephone call from Jenny. James took me to the ball game and I got a card.

The book is from an author I have read and have an autograph from – I enjoy the books and will especially think warmly of Jenny, Eric, Chloe and Mai when I read it. I really enjoy the phone calls with the family and emails Jenny and I send several times a week.

The ball game was a blast. We had great seats off third base. The sun was out (still getting serious looks from Halmonie about the sunburn), the game was close and won in the bottom of the 9th and the hot dog hit the spot. Now every time I see a game I will think warmly of that game.

Being a father was never easy and being a grandfather is in some ways harder but the awards, the warm thoughts, the hugs, calls, etc… more than make up for it!

The honor and delight in being a father and grandfather is mine.

Love grandpa

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa