Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Family Affair

It has been awhile now and I have been going back over our last talk that night.

Grandpa had always been rather close with his words and stories; explanations had to be pulled out of him, except for those few times he was a little tipsy around a camp fire.

One topic in particular had been rather one sided and when I questioned him about it he only went on to another subject. At the time I thought I could have another time at it later. I finally got around to thinking about it as I sorted out the last several months.

"M"

"Yes grandpa?"

"What are your plans for life?"

"What do you mean? You know I work downtown at the company."

"You have the ability to make a difference and you care.

You are bright and can see though walls when you try.

What are the plans for your life, not just the 8 hours of daylight during the day. What are your desires? What are your goals? What is your plan?" he asked.

I did not answer right away, knowing this was a question not to be answered out loud.

"If you want to help, tell them the answer and the time of day."

"Huh?"

"You will know when the time is right. I have left instructions and a recommendation. Don't tell your mother, she may not approve."

"What are you talking about?"

He looked at me with that look. "Can you freshen my drink for me?"

I have thought long and hard about his question and the unanswered directions.

I believe all I have to do is throw up the leaves, they will know where to go.

It is morning and the answer is seven.

M



No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa