Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June 2013

We all have favorite moments in life. I have them with your mothers, fathers and you. I have added one with Maia now during my last trip. I marveled at her pace of learning and her skills with the spoken language. I smiled at her stubbornness, her willingness to get in trouble and test her limits. I watched her mimic her big sister and then go her separate ways. I will always remember Jenny, Eric and I sitting on the couch watching the girls play. Maia approached me and asked if I wanted a kiss. Silly question I thought and immediately said yes, moving up in the couch to lean down and get my kiss. She looked at me, said No, and took off. We all stated to laugh, her mother and father a little embarrassed I think, but it was very funny and well done. Shortly after she came back and I asked her if I could have a kiss, wanting to play the same joke on her. She said yes and before I could blink she gave me one. This girl will certainly hold her own and fit in with the Shafer clan. She certainly has my number. Love grandpa.

No comments:

who needs a tablet?

love grandpa